I remember summers in Detroit when it would get unbearably hot and they would block off the road, turn on the fire hydrants and let the children play in the water. It was so much fun!
Yesterday our neighbors were doing some work on their swimming pool and water started flowing down the streets. The kids splashed and jumped and got soaking wet. They didn't care that they were a bit cold and that the water was freezing. All they needed for some fun was each other, the water and some rocks to build dams and make waterfalls. I miss the days of simple pleasures!
4.15.2008
Simply Splashing
Something to remember from
Andrea
on
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments to remember:
Awesome photos Andrea.
I love Jared and his boots that he's had forever.
YOU ARE AN ARTIST!! I wish I had your talent!!! Wonderful post by the way. So true, I still remember those simple things.
I love that you have rain boots for your kids.
Yeah and you forgot to mention that playing in the fire hydrant also counted as our bath for the week. Oh the good old days.
Post a Comment