7.07.2009

In preparation...

In a few weeks, Rob and I will be going on a Pioneer Trek as chaperons with the youth from our church. We will dress like pioneers, eat like pioneers, pull hand carts like pioneers and walk far like pioneers...all in the name of appreciating and understanding what those before us have gone through so we can have the blessings which we have today.

And we can't wait to go!

Over the past week, we unintentionally began our preparations for this trek. We walked all over the hilly Hershey Park and D.C. National Zoo. Stood on our feet all day while touring the Air and Space Museum. Then walked around Gettysburg. Next it was off to camping...sleeping without an air mattress and using our new dutch oven for cooking. And let's not forget the 3 hikes (each 1.5 miles) that we went on. All in one weeks time!

Needless to say, we're tired! But we feel ready!



Here's a slide show of our camping trip to Shenandoah National Park with the Zamora's!

8 comments to remember:

Brossettelewis said...

is it me or is the slideshow messed up?

Becca said...

Fun Aaron and I were ma and pas too. We loved it. Especially the 26 miles of rough turan through wyoming mountains. With night tempatures of 23 degrees.Or was it the nine teenage children that we adorded. This is all true but, I would go through that four day fun in a heart beat because the spirit was so STRONG..... It is truly amazing what the pioneers went through for us. Good Luck and have fun:)

Jen Evans said...

You must have had fun - Jared couldn't stop talking about camping on Sunday!

family said...

how funny that you guys did the same running around that we did, hershey, major city, camping!

Chell said...

How exciting you guys get to be Trek Chaperones. You will be great! Have fun!!

Kim said...

Ok so I am petrified of heights so I would have been a big chicken. I assume you were not on a sheer cliff! It looks gorgoeus. In Ireland we went to cliffs and I hated looking down but just had to climb to the top and conquer my fear! You take the best pictures. Makes me want to update my camera. Hope you and Rob have fun on your adventure!!!!

Heather said...

LOVE your photos, Andrea!!! ;)

BluePolgara said...

I looks like you had so much fun. I sure miss green out here. Have fun on Trek. I missed my first opportunity to go on Trek here, I was 6 months pregnant and they said it was to difficult for me (I was a YW leader at the time) Maybe Mike and I will get a chance some day to be chaperones.