So...I'm going to learn how to quilt in 2011! I'm so excited and so nervous and so glad that I have people around me who know what they're doing and can hold my hand along the way.
This is the quilt I'm going to start with...
Speaking of love.
I just finished my newest favorite craft project. It sparkles. It jingles. And it just makes me happy.
And I'm calling it a "winter wreath" because I want to use it NOW!!
I was inspired by a wreath that I saw on a blog, sometime back in December. I looked all over for it, but I can't find the source to credit them. (If any one out there knows, let me know).
First I gathered together all of my sweet post-Christmas clearance items...
And then I glued...
And glued some more...
And some more. Glue strands everywhere. EVERYWHERE!
I had the world's best helper, too. She loves this kind of stuff.
Seriously. This wreath makes me giddy.
Happy New Year!!


8 comments to remember:
I love your winter wreath! And I've had to goal to learn how to quilt since I was 16 or so. I'm not even going to add up how many years that makes. I started simple last year. Maybe I should try to tackle something harder this year, but I'm not nearly as brave as you.
I love that quilt! Have you seen this blog: http://www.filminthefridge.com/
It's got tons of gorgeous quilts that are the same style. I've got quite a few of them bookmarked that I'd like to try!
And your wreath is awesome. I bought a ton of silver bulbs today at Walmart that I want to make a wreath with next year. Perhaps I'll make it early and call it a "winter wreath" too!
Love the wreath! Good luck with the quilt; are your sisters going to join you? I need to bite the bullet and just do it. I have a friend that could help me too. She is an awesome quilter.
Love the wreath!! What a great idea. I'm so glad your going to quilt. Wished we lived closer cuz I'd love to do it with you. Can't wait to see your finished project.
Love it! Very cute and it makes me happy too! i love the colors!
I love the wreath! Good luck with the quilting. I'm sure you will rock at it. :)
I LOVE IT! It's so pretty! I'd be giddy too if I bought it let alone make it! So proud of you! It looks great. Good luck with the quilting!!!
Love the wreath and I would love to try to quilting but I am too chicken. I think I should start with just learning to sew!
Post a Comment