

I haven't been too pleased with the art program at the boys school, so I took matters into my own hands. Jared was home sick, so we had "art lessons". We learned about textures and collages. Jared, Evan and I painted using brushes forks, fingers, etc...Tyler helped me cut out the shapes (an idea from an art book) and they each made their own collage (I helped Evan). I loved that they didn't make their art look just like the example in the book. Next, we're going to use oil pastels and watercolors to make lizards! Can't wait!
Yesterday, started as my "I'm not doing anything" day. I knew it was going to be a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day"! But something sparked in me and all of a sudden it turned into an "I'm crazy, going to paint the entire family room, with tall walls, and three kids at home" kind of day. And you though I was off my rocker before...By the time Rob came home all I had left were the very tallest areas and the areas behind furniture that I couldn't move (and touch up). Rob was a trooper. The
past three weeks of work craziness wrapped up yesterday and I know all he wanted to do was rest, but he came home, took the kids outside to play in the snow, made dinner, took some Excedrin and helped me finish up. Thanks, Rob--he's always there to rescue me when I get pooped from my crazy projects! All that's left to do is finish around the ceiling--we need a TALL ladder to finish that job! And now it's off to make the curtains--who thinks I'll have them finished today? Probably not...my kids need some attention!
1.18.2008
More projects...
Something to remember from
Andrea
on
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments to remember:
you're crazy! LOL--I'm having enough problems trying to pack with just 2 kids home--how can you paint your walls with 3--you are GOOD!! :) and your art projects are so cool--I'm gonna have to bring the boys over next time you have one...haha! :)
Post a Comment