8.19.2008

Busted!

So sad looking, I know! I felt so bad for poor Jared, but I almost felt worse for Tyler because he accidentally caused this damage. And you could see the anguish on his face...he felt awful!

No worries, though, with a little ice, the swelling went down and he was left with only a small black eye and a tiny cut. And Tyler learned a lesson on character. He really felt remorse, something I've been wanting my children to understand--rather then the grumpy "sorry" as they're walking away.

P.S. If you must know, a light saber was involved in this accident, not in a battle kind of way, though...it was thrown to free up Tyler's hands so he could jump down and he didn't look where he was throwing. Ahhhh...the lessons of our youth. This is only the beginning, but I'm proud of them already!

2 comments to remember:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jared! Great lessons learned!

Becca said...

Well, it could have been worse. Tyler definitely used the force without knowing it. I hope Jared and Tyler will feel better.