3.21.2009

New Things

Some people wonder why I would spend so much time making these, but I just love these Cupcake Pops!! Aren't they the cutest? I made them for Leslie's shower today. The chocolate ones were YUMMY. The cherry vanilla ones were okay, but chocolate is more my taste. I found this idea on a fun baking blog, Bakerella. She even shows you how to make the cutest Hello Kitty Pops.
I see an Anna birthday party favor in the works!

My next new thing...

I have been oooooing and ahhhhing over the hand stamped jewelry at Etsy for months now.
And I've finally pulled it together and gotten myself the basic supplies!! Just in time for craft day on Saturday!! This morning I made this necklace for Leslie and it took only 10 minutes (seriously)!
It's on a 1" metal blank with a crystal charm. I love how it turned out and how simple it was. At craft day we'll be making the metal charms, crystal charms and the birds nest (from the Etsy photo). I can't wait.

And Rob just bought his own new toy...
Would anyone like some firewood?

10 comments to remember:

Sarah said...

I love Bakerella! I have yet to try my hand at the cake pops but I'm sure I will find an opportunity some day.

Love the charms, too!

Melanie said...

Love the charm!!! I cannot wait to try the bird's nest...And your cupcake pops look fab!

Chiadeb said...

I made a yummy pie from Bakerella the other day! Bring your supplies up next weekend. I'd like to learn how to do that.

family said...

I love those cupcakes!! So cute! I need to find that and out it in my recipe book. So sad you got all your stuff...I guess we will see you late on Saturday :(

Jacobson Five said...

Super cute cupcake pops. Did you do the fruit bouquet as well? Did it turn out. You are quite the talented girl.
I love the necklace thing as well. How do you do one of those with 4 kids?

Kim said...

Awesome cupcakes! Is the jewelry that easy to make? It seems like such a fun thing. maybe I can pick up a hobby! I love it!

Tamee said...

I love those cupcake pops! So cute!
But my favorite is Evan and Anna with the fun puffy sticker that you keep in your bathroom. You are the nicest mom to put toys even in the bathroom!
Miss going to the gym, but I will return. Just give a few more weeks to stop feeling crappy.

delilas said...

On the way home from church I ate my chocolate Cake Pop,(found it in my purse looking for my keys), OH it was dangerously good,:). Thanks!!!

dastew said...

I like cupcakes and all but I'm much more interested in Rob's new toy...what kind did he buy I've been debating picking one up.

The VanderHoevens said...

Hey - those necklaces are so cute. Are they really that easy. Did you find the directions online? - Valerie