1.11.2011

New Year. New Cupcake.

So, I told my friend that I would make cupcakes for her sons wedding reception on New Year's Day.

And then I made plans to go away over Christmas break.

I forgot about the cupcakes.  Oops.

But once I was reminded, we rearranged our schedule to come home a day early.

I purchased all of the supplies so I would be ready and we left for our trip.

The day we were to come home to commence the cupcake factory, I came down with a migraine.  It hurt to move and the thought of driving home made me even more nauseous.

My mom, sister and sister-in-law saved the day and helped me make all of the cupcakes at my parents home.  Rob went out and repurchased all of the supplies (never fear, I'll be using them again sometime soon I'm sure--like this Thursday when I make treats for Evan's class).  Seriously, I don't think I would have been able to do it without them.  Merci bien!

On New Year's Eve evening, we boxed the unfrosted cupcakes and drove home.  We made it in at 9:15 that night and I was asleep in my bed by 9:30!  And well rested the next morning to make fillings and frostings.

The three cupcakes made were  Vanilla Raspberry filled Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting, Sea Salt Caramel Cupcakes and Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.  We had cupcakes coming out of our ears!

That's not such a bad thing, is it?!




Linking up to...

HoosierHomemade's Cupcake Tuesday

13 comments to remember:

HoosierHomemade said...

Those cupcake are gorgeous!! What a fun wedding that must have been!
Thanks so much for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz

Chell said...

they look amazing aqnd hurray for family coming to the rescue.

Amanda said...

you are more than welcome to bring some cupcakes over to my house, i will help ease that burden from you ;) they look delicious! and you sure are becoming quite a baker!

Melanie said...

We must peruse the same sites! I'm doing a "Cupcake of the Month Club" for the Burdicks and I'm making that exact same salted caramel recipe for January. It looks SO good! The raspberry filled one looks great for Valentine's Day. :)

Imelda Done said...

Elegant looking cupcakes! Good job!

Sugar Swings said...

very pretty!! great job :)

Jacobson Five said...

They look great sis. Which ones had the blue frosting?

Abby said...

Wow! Nice work. They look delicious:)

Chris said...

Such a good friend! The cupcakes were fantastic. Love you hon'! Oh, and I knew you came back early because of that. So sorry.

Chiadeb said...

Andrea they turned out so cute! I couldn't quite get the vision when they were just in their wrappers unfrosted. I do know that they tasted good! So happy we could help you.

Emily said...

Nice work! Where did you find the paper wrappers?

Heather said...

I just spent some time looking through your older posts (I've been away too long) - and I declare that if you and I were next door neighbors, OMgoodness would we be great friends! We frequent the same blogs, we love similar crafts... I'll just have to cheer you on from the blogosphere since I live on the other side of the USA. And lucky you to get to go to Japan! I'm overdue for an homage to the motherland... we're looking to go in the next two years. Start in S Korea, then do the China, Japan, Thailand circuit.

I adore your Christmas card, by the way!!!

HUGS

Kim said...

UNREAL! They are so gorgeous! I am so jealous of yoru cupcake skills. One thing I love to do is bake! I am just loving this post so much. Awesome that your family jumped in to help save the day!!!