4.13.2008

My Dream Guy

Being that I was not at the birth of my hubby, I won't be documenting his "birth-day" story, but since it is his birthday tomorrow, I felt like I needed to do something!

Some things you may not know about Rob and some things I love about him...

Rob was a missionary in New York City, spending the entire time in Manhattan (primarily the Bronx and Harlem), speaking Spanish.

He loves to ski. As a youth, he was a lot less cautious then he is now. I've seen pictures of him flying off some crazy jumps. Scary!

Along the same lines of his scary jumps, he enjoys rock climbing and mountain biking. Rob has several scars to prove it! I wish he had more time to do some of these activities. Growing up sometimes sucks!

He loves to read non-fiction, historical books.

Rob has become quite the handy man. Being a home owner does wonders for that! Our garden is all ready to go and he is determined that we will have great grass this year! He takes pride in his home.

He's great with money--good thing, because his other half is not! It's because of him that we've been able to furnish our home and go on vacation and still manage to save and pay tithing.

He likes everyone. He doesn't enjoy gossip. He is fair. He can strike up a conversation with anyone and he does not judge. These are some of the qualities I admire most about him.

One of the reasons I fell in love with Rob was because of his silly, fun loving side. He tries to hide it now, but it's still there! Now it is mostly seen while playing with the kids and I know they love it just as much as I did!

Rob is comfortable with himself and confident. He sees what he needs to change and changes it. He is always trying to be better, whether it be at work, in his calling or as a father and husband.

He has an incredible knowledge of the gospel and has been my number one teacher. I have an example of it from this week...

I had a lesson this week that I was preparing for Young Womens which was a struggle for me. The subject matter was one that I had a hard time with so the thought of having to teach it to all the young women was overwhelming. Rob talked me through it. He helped me pin point why it was a struggle for me and how I should be looking at it. He opened my eyes to a new side. I got my lesson together and was excited that I actually was getting something out of it. Then I got sick (migraine) Sunday morning, so Rob ended up filling in for me at last minute (since he's in the bishopric and was going to do a small portion of the lesson, I felt justified in asking him). He didn't even hesitate and actually looked forward to doing it! I love that he would do this for me and that he takes the time to help me understand and grow.

So, to my husband, I wish a very happy 32nd birthday! With all my love.

6 comments to remember:

Denise said...

I love Rob!

Happy birthday!

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

It sounds like your husband and my husband would be really good friends! Happy Birthday Rob!!

Lia said...

Rob IS a great fun loving guy. I know our family appreciates and loves him too. Whether he knows it or not he has been a great influence in my life and a great example. You are lucky to have him, but then again he is lucky to have you too Andrea. Happy Birthday Rob!! We love you.

Anonymous said...

Amen to Lia! You both are very good friends and we appreciated your friendship when we lived there and now long distance! Happy Birthday Rob!

Suzy said...

Andrea, I didn't know you "robbed" the cradle when you married Rob! Hee hee! That was a sweet tribute to your hubby. I'm glad you snagged a good one!

Sarah said...

Happy belated birthday, Rob!!