10.04.2008

100% Safety NOT Guaranteed

I wish I was one of those mothers who had an eagle eye and could keep their children safe from anything and everything dangerous, but experience has proven to me that I will never be that mom.

This little Anna sure does keep me on my toes. I didn't think I'd need to be buying more baby gates for our last child, but every time I turn my back she is on the kitchen counter. So, some gate purchases are in order! How did I manage to have three boys and she be my first real climber?? Somethings I'll never understand!

Besides having to be constantly on guard when she is around, Anna is very pleasant and happy. A definite keeper! She is starting to have preferences like what shoes or hair accessory she wants to wear. Her favorites are her rain boots or pink cowgirl boots and she loves her hats! And when she lays down for a nap, DO NOT leave these things anywhere in her sight--too distracting for her. She loves them that much!

Anna is starting to talk more and more, answering questions with yes and no head shakes and demanding attention when she wants it. She's really good at that! Check out this funny layout I did of her...I am tickled pink, though, that her favorite thing to say is "Mommy, Mommy." Melts my heart every time!

And just like my other children, Anna is so different and distinct--a true individual--and plays such an important role in our family. I know it sounds cliche, but I can't believe we lived so long as a family without her. Her brothers adore her (except when she loudly proclaims her desires) and she in turn looks up to them and follows them. Evan is her best buddy, Jared is her protector, and Tyler is her cheerleader. We are all definitely fans of this cutie girl!

I treasure her presence and spirit everyday and am so happy to have her entrusted in my care.

3 comments to remember:

Laura said...

sounds like she is a momma's girl! you do such a good job on your blog.

Angel said...

It doesn't hurt that she is a carbon copy of her beautiful mother...(I have the pictures that prove it if you doubt me)... and just as cute as a bugs ear!

Kim said...

She is so precious! I always wondered what it would be like to have a girl being so boy oriented. I love that she already has her hair ribbon preferences. Love it!