12.04.2008

Living like a rockstar!

We had a few fun sessions of Guitar Hero World Tour while at my parents house this past weekend. The kids sat by and patiently watched, dying to put their own musical skills to the test. Finally, we let them have a chance.

Needless to say, they LOVED it (it has in fact made it on Tyler and Jared's Christmas list--little do they know that it was already on ours and is currently hidden in the basement...shhhhh)! Tyler loved bass, Jared guitar, and Evan on mic.

A few days ago, Evan asked to call his Grandpa Happy to see if he could buy the microphone off him. Evan wouldn't settle for a "fake" microphone--like a brush or a light saber--nope, had to be the real deal. I made him a deal that if he'd sleep in his room all night (rather then sleeping on the floor in mine after he wakes up in the middle of the night...grrrr...) then I'd get him a microphone (dollar store version). He slept in his bed all night!!!...

I think he's a natural!

Jared had to make a musical instrument for school. Of course, he wanted a "cool" guitar. So we came up with something "cool" in his eyes! Oh, those eyes! What a creative kid!

I fully claim this child as my own!! Always more fun when you're dressed the part!

Which now leads to our new rock star duo...

What should their band name be?? Suggestions?

They sure did have a great time tonight. There favorite numbers are Eye of the Tiger and Imperial March.




Rock On!

5 comments to remember:

Lia said...

How about the Clone Survivor.

Jacobson Five said...

Does Guitar Hero have Eye of the Tiger? So does Rock Band 2. My kids can't get the guitar down, but Tanner is great at the drums. I bought Kevin Guitar Hero for his b-day (shhh don't tell him). Apparently you can use the Rock Band drums and mic and we have a guitar hero guitar.

Kim said...

Ok so the fact that you bribe Evan makes me feel so much better since I bribe so much my trips to the Dollar Tree are mounting weekly. Preston went through a sleep on the floor faze that irked me to no avail-my solution-he HAD to sleep every night in his bed and then he would get to go to friendly's!
I think your kids may be the next Jonas brothers. Then you can just sit back and retire on their royalties!

Angel said...

Now Annie, that is what I call "thinking outside the box"!
As for the Guitar Hero/Rock Band thing, I will contiue to envy all those who can play from the sidelines. I have to work on my hand/eye coordination a lot more before I'll try playing again...even Joel can stomp me now!!!

Melanie said...

Awesome! You go boys!