6.28.2009

Surprise!

When I turned twelve, my friends from school planned a surprise party for me. It was the end of the school year. I was moving from Maryland to Pennsylvania during the summer, so I guess this was supposed to be our final farewell. But I ended up hating the whole process. Not knowing what was going on, I started to get upset because my friends were always whispering behind my back and giggling when they saw me.

Call me an insecure girl, ready to enter middle school.

How was I supposed to know they were in the midst of planning my surprise party and weren't doing a very good job at keeping it a secret.

Fast forward...seventeen years later (oh, I mean twenty-three). I didn't hear much whispering and giggling or maybe I'd given up my middle school ways, but this surprise party completely blind sighted me. Completely shocked, I was. And I felt completely spoiled.

Thank you everyone for making my birthday extra special this year!!

Making a wish...
that your next birthday will just as fun and exciting!

7 comments to remember:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

delilas said...

Did I see the numbers right on those cupcakes? Oh yeah some people never age. Happy Birthday and the party was fun!

Pressed Petals said...

Happpy Birthday! How fun!

Laura said...

happy birthday! do your candles say 29? if so you are cheating. but i won't tell. I told tony i am gonna be 29 forever:)

Kim said...

I am so glad you were surprised! Yes-as a middle schooler-I totally would have felt the way you did-especially since girls that were my friend one day would then hate me the next-wasn't that always the case in middle school? But we survived it! Happy Birthday

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a fun party!

Danette

family said...

What are those numbers on your cake? 29? Wow! I did not know you turned 29 this year too! Happy Day Andrea! - we still owe you an ice cream!