Three weeks in Japan down, two to go. Besides work, work, and more work (at least I get overtime) and missing my family (Ms. Independent and the clan) I've had a little bit of time to site-see. I would have said I'd had 'a couple of days off', but my team has hammered it into my head that if I make them work the morning and then give them the rest of the day off, it's not 'technically' a day off- details... Anyway, last week on our first non-technical day off, I ventured into Tokyo. And what did I find? Yep, you guessed it, the liberty bell!!! It was given to Japan by Douglas Mcarthur.
After visiting this historic site, we went to the park to stretch. I'm not the most flexible person in the world.After that, we found a place for people like me who are away from home.
After visiting my 'away from home' friends, we left the park and headed into the crowded city and came across this awesome car/bike.It was the weekend so several of the major roads were closed off to traffic, and even though it was rainy, the shoppers (and tourists) were out in force.
We entered a massive 8-level Sony store, and found among other things, a camera that automatically takes a picture whenever you smile. It tracks your face with little squares, wherever you move. I'm pretty sure it uses the cosine to accomplish this.
After visiting some tall buildings and absorbing the view, we hopped back on the train and headed back to Yokosuka (pronounced Yo-ko-skuh). While on the train we were trying to figure out what in the heck the train was trying to do to the A/C. Any guesses?That's all for today. Stay tuned for my Tokyo China Town Adventure. Here's a great China-town T-shirt for any numchuck fans out there:
Sayonara,
Rob
8.25.2008
Tokyo
Something to remember from
Andrea
on
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments to remember:
Love all those signs! Love you even more! Post some more. I love seeing all of the pictures!
Rob-
Awesome pictures and I am sure glad you are taking Andrea on a cruise or you would be in big trouble!! She deserves a break!! Sounds a lot like when Russ went to Germany. He was there twice for 2 weeks at a time and worked so much he had little time to play. Bummer! What a fun experience for you!
Hey Rob-
Work Work Work you mean that going to Japan isn't a vacation. Go figure... I am glad to see you are doing well. I am sure you are very busy. The pictures are cool. Miss you lots
-Love Becca
Rob-Glad you are finding some time to have a little fun. Keep up the hard work.
Post a Comment