The boys entered through Platform 9 3/4 (dang, I didn't take a picture).
Shopping at Diagon Alley for wands (tutorial found here), cauldrons, broomsticks and glasses.
On to the classes...
Divination (fortunes found here)
Defense against the Dark Arts (boys just being silly with their wands)
Bertie Botts Tasting Contest (some of the flavors--skunk, boogers, vomit, dog food, baby wipes, etc...)
Potions (by far their favorite--we had pop rocks, vinegar, and unicorn blood)
Quidditch (they took this very seriously...riding on broomsticks the entire time, while wearing their glasses)
Time for the magical Golden Cheeseball Snitch cake filled with jelly beans and a horcrux (idea found here and she rocked the cake). The boys also had Butterbeer (cream soda floats with Butterscotch caramel and vanilla ice cream).
After some presents and more spells, the boys grabbed a few treats from our mini Honeydukes (ring pops, gummy rats and Berti Botts jelly beans). And then ran around in the torrential rainstorm.
When all of the guests left, Rob pulled out the rest of the dry ice and we had a little "After Party". Note to self: Dry Ice=cheap and easy entertainment
A little photo review...
(Decorations all came from my ever growing stash of Halloween clearance items...at some point I'm going to have to stop!)

9 comments to remember:
Um, I kind of wish I'd been invited, and I'm not even a little boy!
I am in awe. I already suggested to Nancy that she go into the party planning business. Maybe you two should partner up? If I had money, I'd hire you both!!!
WOW looks amazing. How fun
How fun! You are so creative!!
So cool, Andrea. Seriously, what an awesome party. I am thinking next year I should introduce Mia and Harry so that I can steal all your ideas and throw a Potter Party myself!
You are amazing! What a fun Birthday!
You and Audrey are both so good at this! Maybe sometime in the future you can team up and have a family business! Looks like it was loads of fun for everyone.
I am beyond words! i don't knowhow you do this! Have you ever thought of turning your ideas into a business? Party planning? You would be amazing-and I just read the other comments so I'm not the only one. You could make a fortune! You leave no detail unturned!
You are super mom! You know that, right?
Wow, that is an awesome party! Your kids are so lucky.
Post a Comment