As Tyler (and my other children, too) gets older, I see him venturing out and trying new things, being brave as he attempts these new feats.
And I don't want my 9 1/2 year old making me look like a wimp, now do I? So, I tag along. (Truthfully, my silly self fears that some thing is going to happen to him. And it's not going to happen while he's alone. I know. I'm a crazy, paranoid mother.)
And look where it got me!Completely scary for only one split second as I told the guy to just push me out the front gate. The rest was...let's say...AWESOME!
But this...not so fun. Seeing my baby hanging over the earth with merely a few straps and a wire.
Our day at Snowbird was full of adventure. From zip lines to the alpine slide, it was all a blast!
The boys really enjoyed the trampolines. The perfect opportunity to practice their back flipping skills...Or just jumping and looking cute as can be skills...
And here is our nutty Jared. The back flip king!And who knew...King of the Rodeo, too!
Is it really a wonder why this child has had so many injuries?
The highlight for most every one with us was the aerial tram ride up to 11,000 feet. Too bad our camera ran out of battery (doesn't someone have pics on their camera...Jacob? Susanne?).
Oh well, you're not missing out on much...We'll leave it at that!
Thunder storms cut our visit at the top short (DARN!), so we headed back down the very steep mountain just in time to be pelted with a rain storm.
So our day was cut short, but we have memories to last us a life time!
8.26.2009
Facing our fears. Day 8.
Something to remember from
Andrea
on
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments to remember:
I am wishing we made it up to Snowbird now. But, I don't think I have your guts. Fear would have done me in. I would have missed out. Gosh, I hate being a wimp!
Post a Comment