5.27.2008

We're baaaack!

How to begin? We had an INCREDIBLY fun time in New York this past weekend. We took hundreds of pictures and we'll spare you the pain of seeing them ALL! However, we'll try not to miss a detail! I'll be making a slide show to send to family and friends with the best of the best!

Pre-day 1 (Thursday night)
We're all geared up and packed, ready to go. Jared wakes up around 11 pm and throws up. Great! Double great--the next morning is his Kindergarten field trip to the farm...

Day 1 (Friday)
I feel so bad for Jared... He feels so cruddy that he doesn't even care that he is missing his field trip. I'll do all the caring for him. He stopped throwing up and with medicine he seemed "okay". We pick Tyler up from school around noon and head up to Buffalo (7 1/2 hour drive--without stops).

I hate driving long distances. I used to love a good road trip, but now I'm the car sick queen! So, I was bored! However, the kids had a great time. They watched Star Wars (up to episode IV) the entire way up!

And sometimes the loud fighting would bother Evan! When Rob started falling asleep, I had to take over on the driving (he did NOT really fall asleep)!Anna exceeded all of our expectations! Barely a peep out of her (stay tuned and you'll find out why)! Here she is playing peek-a-boo with me!We arrived in Buffalo around 9pm (one detour and 3 rest stops later). We thought the trip up was so successful that we planned some future road trip excursions--can't wait!

Day 2 (Saturday)
The boys started the morning off watching their cousin Ethan's baseball game. I was worried they were going to come back asking to play on a team, but they didn't! Not that it's a bad thing--I just don't know how we'll fit it into our schedule right now.

During the afternoon, we went to a glorified fair--Martin's Fantasy Island! The weather was beautiful and the kids had great fun on all the rides. Anna was a trooper. She had gotten a fever during the night and was coughing a bunch. Tyler begrudgingly braved a big wooden roller coaster while Jared and Ethan were in tears because they could not go on it! Rob even recorded the ride while riding! Evan loved the bumper cars and the tilt-a-whirl! While he waited for his second go at the Whirl he biffed it and bruised up his eye pretty bad. By that time he was done for the day! I think we all were (especially the adults--check out Tara, now she was definitely done)! Here are only a few highlights in picture...Jared on the beanstalk. Now I went on this ride, too. And just because it was in the kiddie area does not mean it wasn't a stomach turner! I was impressed with all of the young(er) ones who went on this!
How scary!! A. Tyler driving and B. These boys cruising around when they're older--I can only imagine!I wish I could have trusted Evan to go down these slides on his own. He loved them anyways!We ended the evening with Buffalo wings from Duff's. Yummy! Great day...great sleep that night--I discovered the awesomeness of ear plugs!

Much, much more for Day 3! I bet you can't wait!

2 comments to remember:

Jacobson Five said...

Sounds fun. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for part 2. No we did not do the stitches ourself, we have friends in high places. My friends husband is a doc.

Melanie said...

I can't wait! Looks like fun!