6.17.2008

Anna and the Ants

A week ago my husband mentioned something about making sure "the kids don't get it." Honestly, I forgot all about it, until today. Surely, if I forgot, wouldn't they??? Nope.

As Jared and a friend were playing in the backyard, Anna ventured over to the back door to watch them. I was only a few feet away (on the computer, of course) and could hear her knocking on the door and babbling away. A few minutes later, I turn around to see her licking away on the ant trap that Rob had hidden behind the blinds. Oh crap! I forgot all about it! All of the "poison" and the dead ants swimming in the poison were on her face, her hands, her clothes, the floor--oh dear! I quickly washed of her hands and face as I grabbed the phone to call Poison Control (which we have a magnet for on the fridge because the Kunz Family has had to make this phone call before). Thankfully, Laurie said this kind of ant bait was not harmful in small doses. I was instructed to give her a drink and watch for vomiting. So seems like Anna is in the clear!!

I didn't think to snap a picture of the dead ants and goo all over Anna, but a few minutes later, she was off to play Hide and Seek with Evan and her shoes and I got a cute picture of her being caught. She hid under the desk and kept peeking around the corner to see if Evan was coming. When she saw him, she burst into a fit of giggles. Very cute.And speaking of cuteness...I tried to so hard to get a video of Anna trying to march around while singing the Imperial March (but instead of "DumDumDum"...it was "GaGaGa"). She was keeping with the music, too. Maybe we have a music prodigy on our hands?? She could only be so lucky because if she's hoping for Rob and I's genes to help her out...she's screwed!

6 comments to remember:

Tamee said...

Yuck! Anna sounds like my Kendall. She usta, OK still does eat everything. Cricketts, sand, dirt, flowers, dog food... the list goes on. She must have an iron stomach because it never phases her. Queston though, do those traps really work? I've been throwing down powder in the backyard.

Melanie said...

EEEEeeewwww! At least she wasn't freaking out. I don't think I would have remembered the camera on that one either.

Anonymous said...

See everyone used to think I had it sooo easy with all girls. This proves that little girls get into trouble too! Just glad she is okay!!

Kim said...

Your line about the magnet on the fridge was hilarious! I am so happy to hear Anna is ok! She seemed back to her cute self immediately!

D-lyn said...

Oh my sound just like my daughter when she decided to drink perfume.
Hey if it smells good it's got to taste good right!!
Thankfully not a huge deal and I also am greatful for Poison Control on the fridge.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, that is nasty!!! Glad she's ok! Love that picture, though- those pants are ADORABLE!!!