There is nothing like being sick to throw a wrench in your plans. Not like I had grand plans this week, but I'd prefer to do just about anything over puking my guts out all day. Today I am on the mend. I can actually sit up--now that's a start!
A few going ons from the Kunz house:
I finally bit the bullet and learned how to can food!! I think this is some kind of rite of passage for LDS woman. Many thanks to LeeAnn for her persistence. I've always wanted to start a food storage, but it all seemed so overwhelming. It still does seem overwhelming, but you have to start somewhere, right? And if there ever is an emergency or my hubby were to lose his job, at least we'll have some rice to eat! I canned over 200 pounds of rice that should stay good for 30+ years and I started on some sugar. We also stocked up on our salt and honey. And like Tamee said, if for any reason to do it, it's for that "peace of mind."On Saturday, we finally bought some bushes, plants, flowers for the front flower bed. In between severe thunderstorm and tornado watches, Rob was able to plant and mulch just about everything. He also cleared out the gutters again because our back stairwell started flooding. While he was up on the roof, he encouraged Tyler to climb up and was able to get Jared up to the top of the ladder, but he was too scared to climb on the roof. I'm not too sure how I feel about this climbing adventure, but I have to trust Rob that he would not put the boys in any danger...
6.03.2008
SICK-O
Something to remember from
Andrea
on
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments to remember:
Andrea,
Sorry you felt like "crap" yesterday. Good for you with the canning. I am totally screwed for a natural disaster. Feel better!
Wow - you are so domestic ;)
Did you do that at home? I actually went for the first time recently to our canning center and helped out one night and came home with potato pearls. YUM! I need to do more, but wanted to start out small. It was more fun than I thought it would be. - Valerie
Ok I have never actually put canned food in a can- we need to get you started on tomatoes, etc :) I just got a new visiting teacher - she came with my departing teacher and she cans too. I think you must learn the ways of the bottling women:) Glad you are feeling better...
At least your boys climbed on the roof with an adult present--your brothers used to do it when we weren't looking!
So where are the pictures of the shrubs and mulch. Glad you are "on the mend". Call me, I've been looking up hotels in OC, NJ and they are pricey but Atlantic City is affordable.
Yeah cool that you did the canning thing. Never done that except at the cannery.
Sorry you were sick! Way to go on all your projects.
Like my dad always says,
Food storage is like insurance. You hope you dont have to use it but if you need it you have it. YOu are such a good mormon mom!! :)
Post a Comment