11.22.2008

You are now entering...


I never thought I'd be a fan of a teenage based book about vampires...BUT I was sucked in (HAHA). I'll admit, I don't think the books were necessarily well written and I was a bit disappointed in the ending of the last book, but they were a great way to pass away the end of the summer, without having to think too much. And it had me anxiously awaiting the Twilight movie.

My movie review in brief (without giving away too much)...

I saw the movie last night with 5 other women and 5 teenage girls. If you liked/loved the books, I don't think you'll be disappointed...if you keep in mind that these books were written for a teenage girl audience. Thus, expect LOTS of squeals and oohs and aahs throughout the entire movie. If you haven't read the book, you may think the acting is not so good, but I was impressed with some of character portrayals--especially Bella's.

Hopefully, the movie will make enough money to support making New Moon, but I must say that I hope there will be enough money to improve on the special effects and make-up. The running/tree scenes were cheesy. If using the effects in Twilight, I can only imagine how hokey it will be watching Jacob turn into a wolf! Oh and the make-up was awful. Just awful! I could barely look at the character Carlisle. And Edwards lipstick--smooth it out, dude. And the shimmery sunlight deal, not how imagined it.

But all in all, I enjoyed the movie. I stayed awake--which speaks volumes for me!! I'd even see it again. Maybe Rob will go with me this time!!!

Have you seen it yet? What did you think?

7 comments to remember:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

I feel exactly the same way. I loved it because I wanted to love it. not because it is going to win an Oscar. And totally right on about the makeup! I nearly choked on my Goobers when Carlisle made his entrance. He,he!

Alex said...

I agree, the running was very cheesy and the hair (Jasper) and makeup needs some work. I'm hoping that b/c it probably made a lot of money at the box office that they will have more money for making New Moon, too. I really like it though. :)

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Ok- So...I totally agree with the cheesy running/tree scenes. I thought we could have done without the 5 minute scene of him showing her how fast he is. I did not like the actor that portrayed Jasper. He was just weird and I thought it was such a bad interpretion. I HATED how pale they made them. Edward at school looked like he was wearing too much powder and way too much lipstick. When they got to the scenes where it was darker, the make-up was much better. I over all enjoyed the movie and look forward to the next one {hopefully with a bigger budget}. I heard they signed on for at least 2 more movies! I can't wait...

Jacobson Five said...

Yeah I'm with you on the review. But it did make enough money and apparently New Moon is already approved. Not sure if it will be the same director because they aren't sure if she can do a good enough job, because I'm sure it will get a bigger budget.
You had a hard time with Carlisle, I couldn't stand Jasper. Not at all what I imagined. Apparently one of your friends agreed with that.
But all in all it was entertaining enough. So I'll give it a thumbs up.

BluePolgara said...

I haven't seen it yet (the shows I could make it to were all sold out). I really enjoyed the books, so I've been a little nervous about the movie. Glad to read the reviews so I know what I'm in for. Maybe I'll have a chance to see it this week, my husband wants to go with to find out what all the hub-bub is about which means we'll have to get a sitter. Oh well. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw it with Regan and a whole bunch of her 14 yr old friends on Saturday (who all loved it). I haven't read the books yet, but am more interested in reading them since I saw the movie. Overall, I thought it was good!

For FHE we saw Bolt last night. That was a great movie...the hamster is just hilarious.

:)Fiona

Laura said...

it was cute. i thought they did a really good job picking bella. she was pretty much how i imagined her.