2.22.2008

Why was I the only one...


who didn't know Daryl Jenkins? Maybe you know who he is. Rob's mom was good friends with him in college. Jeff helped him with some work. Tara worked with him a few years age. Rob knew of him from church service. I was the only one who had no clue who he was. So, when Rob's mom announced that he was coming over to our house, it got all exciting. All the random connections came together. And of course, I made a mad rush to clean up the house because anyone who lives at Pemberly on Pond doesn't want to see food all over the kitchen floor. And anyone who's been on CNN as an aviation expert numerous times doesn't want to see all my dirty dishes piled up.

Turns out Brother Jenkins and his wife were a treat to have in our home last night. He is on the high council in our stake and is in the same ward as the Van Camps (he wants Emily to get rid of Brad and move in as their daughter). It was fun to hear him reminisce about the college days with Susanne and learn of all the crazy connections that the LDS world provides.

So, now I know Daryl Jenkins. And keep an eye out for him in the news, Delta and Northwest will be announcing their merger very soon (was supposed to be yesterday) and then you, too, can also know who Daryl Jenkins is.

1 comments to remember:

Jacobson Five said...

Sorry Ang, I do not know who Daryl Jenkins is. Hopefully someday.